As the fightback against the development onslaught on Kent builds, a petition is being sent to Maidstone councillors asking them to stand up to housebuilding targets set by national government.
The petition, set up by Peter Burton and titled Enough is Enough: Maidstone’s Housing and Infrastructure, requests councillors:
- Challenge and campaign against national government’s housebuilding targets
- Rethink the building of garden communities, which threaten places such as Lenham Heath, Marden and Langley
- Do not accept new housebuilding levels that are unsustainable for the borough of Maidstone
- Complete a full infrastructure assessment before the Local Plan Review and ensure all historical infrastructure issues are rectified across the borough before any projects commence
- Be transparent and engage parish councils and local communities before any final decisions are made with regards to planning and new developments
If you would like to sign the petition, click here