CPRE’s manifesto calls on all parties in the election to recognise the countryside’s huge contribution to the economy and our sense of who we are as individuals and communities, and to develop policies that will protect and enhance rural areas.
We are calling for:
- stronger protection of Green Belts and AONBs
- investment in urban regeneration, especially brownfield sites
- funding for farming to ensure we are a resilient nation in terms of food and environment and to reverse the decline in nature, in soils and in landscapes
- an overhaul of transport policy in favour of a better integrated and sustainable approach
- reduce waste and pollution by committing to resource efficiency schemes, such as deposit return systems
- transpose all EU environmental protections into domestic law and introduce an ambitious new Environment Act
Read our manifesto here.
April 27th 2017.